Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ramblings

I feel this wave of maturity wash over me, acceptance. I feel whole, alive again. Guarded still, perhaps always guarded and perhaps it is these instances that keep me guarded. I'll take it as a blessing and stomp down the road, taking no prisoners. I know the road holds something amazing, something beyond my wildest dreams. So I am a sucker like Sisyphus and I will continue rolling my rock up that mountain called life. It's a never ending cycle of ups and downs. Would we really want it any other way? Our pain is personal, molds us, defines us and grants us this beautiful gift...perspective. The optimist in me will never die. This optimist is insane, punches adversity in the face and keeps going. I feel that I can do anything as long as I stay in the fight. If being a dreamer makes me foolish....so be it. I'd rather be a fool than aloof and apathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment