Sunday, January 15, 2012

Long, lost love

The Army has presented a new adventure for me. I survived the trials and tribulations of basic combat training and have set out on my next journey...AIT. I'm addicted to the gypsy life...always traveling, always free. This newfound captivity has flustered me a bit. However, I'm adjusting...keeping in mind that in 4 months the road will again be my oyster. I miss the road like a long lost lover, like the blood in my veins. I am an empty shell without it. I could never love a man like I love the road. It inhabits every fiber of your being, you sell your soul for it's charcoal gravel. I miss you dear friend. Soon a truck, myself and you will be reunited...untill then...I send my love, living vicariously through the writings of Jack Kerouac and Henry Rollins...knowing soon a new and beautiful adventure awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment